Monday, 11 August 2014

DIY: painted pots

The past few months have been busy but at last, I'm free as a bird and I'm going on a much-anticipated holiday soon! I'm off to Paris + Italy next week but before that I finally had some time to work on a few art projects! I bought a few more succulents the other day (hopefully this batch will survive) and decided to spruce up some of my old pots!

Here are the instructions:

1) Spray-paint the pots in a well-ventilated area (I did two layers of Rustoleum's "Flat White")
2) Paint details (I mostly used acrylic paint and a thin brush)
3) Spray a light top coat of varnish to give the pots a protective layer

Side-Notes:

I used acrylic paint to paint the inside rims and pot edges in a light mint green colour. For the black triangles and other details I used a permanent marker. For the gold dots on the polka-dot pot, I actually used gold spray paint (I sprayed a little patch of the paint onto an old piece of cardboard, and created the perfect dots using the back of my brush).

This DIY is super easy and really changes the look of those standard pots. Oh and I also took a few photos at the end of a new birch panel painting I made. Hope you like it!

:)

Laura



2 comments:

  1. These are seriously the cutest! Also, I'm so jealous of your shoes ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So so cute! I love your artwork so much, and your photography is great!

    ReplyDelete